ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, MUHAMMADU BUHARI PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AT THE PRESIDENTIAL RETREAT FOR MINISTERS-DESIGNATE, PRESIDENTIAL AIDES AND OTHER TOP GOVERNMENT FUNCTIONARIES, HELD AT THE STATE HOUSE, ABUJA MONDAY, 19 AUGUST 2019.
I welcome you all to this meeting whose purpose is firstly, to familiarize ourselves with our colleagues with whom we shall be working closely for the next four years GOD willing; secondly, to reflect and assess the country’s position in 2015 and today; and thirdly, to chart a course for the country for the foreseeable future.
2. I congratulate all the new comers who your country has chosen above others to join the first term Ministers whose performance has been outstanding. All of you are appointed to assist and advise the President in running the affairs of our country. At the end of the Retreat, it is hoped that all of you will be in tune with the roles and responsibilities of positions you will occupy in Government. Many national issues require unified decisions.
3. It is a great privilege for you to be called upon to serve in these Great Offices of State and you must grasp the chance with two hands and put in your best efforts as Nigeria today needs top managers to handle our numerous challenges. There will be long hours and you must be prepared to live laborious days if we are to serve our people optimally.
4. Ladies and gentlemen, we are all aware of the looming demographic potential of our country. By average estimates, our population is close to 200 million today. By 2050, UN estimates put Nigeria third globally behind only India and China with our projected population at 411 million.
5. This is a frightening prospect but only if we sit idly by and expect handouts from so-called development partners. The solution to our problems lies within us.
6. Honourable Ministers-Designate, in our first term we identified three salient areas for close attention and action, namely to secure the country, to improve the economy and to fight corruption.
Read more >> www.nextlevelagenda.org.ng
This week inspirationalwomen.network shared all about our Director Sam Forde. Get to know her a little better here! *
This week’s Inspirational Team Tuesday highlights Sam Forde, our Ambassador for South Australia.
Sam is a joint business owner and Managing Director of Harcourts South Coast, with offices in Victor Harbor and Goolwa. In her role, Sam oversees all matters financial, HR and administration, whilst overseeing the ever expanding Property Management Department. With over 30 staff, Harcourts South Coast has been acknowledged as one of the top franchise businesses in the Australian network.
Harcourts South Coast was purchased by the current Directors in 2010. Prior to this, Sam was Client Services Manager at Brock Real Estate reporting to the CEO and responsible for all HR, IT, administration, events and driving the culture of the business. Brock Real Estate employed 100 staff and her expertise covered all divisions of the business, including residential, commercial, urban projects and finance.
Sam has over 30 years’ experience in the real estate industry, gained across a wide spectrum of SA, having initially started her career with Barry Burroughs South of Adelaide, before working for eleven years with Ray White Clare Valley.
Over the past 15 years, Sam has regularly undertaken a broad range of real estate and industry related training programmes to enhance her business management skills. These programs have included leadership seminars, IT training, human resource training and industrial relations workshops, all of which support her diverse administrative and business management expertise, culminating with an MBA through UNISA in 2011.
Sam has been on the Board of the Real Estate Employers Federation of SA for the last eight years, the last two years as Deputy President, before being appointed President of REEF in 2018.
Kheerganga Cleanup Drive.
EVENT PLAN & DATES
- 10th June, 2016: Assembling of volunteers and participants at the Barshaini Campsite, Khirganga, and registrations. De-brief on roles and responsibilities in the evening.
- 11th June, 2016 Trek to Khirganga to assess the quantity of waste, education of local dhabas along the way.
- 12th June, 2016 – Cleaning the trail while coming back to Barshaini, segregation of waste and transportation. Depart to Bhuntar.
As traveling and wanderlust gene takes over more and more city dwellers, the destinations are depleting constantly without any mechanism in place to replenish these destinations back to its original micro-ecosystem. Every destination has an ideal ecological balance that needs to maintain for the micro-ecosystem to remain stable and healthy for all humans, flora and fauna to have a sustainable healthy life there. Tourism increases footprint and contributes to depletion of the micro-ecosystem of these destinations. - The famous trek to Kheerganga in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh is now a site of irresponsible waste management. This has happened due to the following reasons:
• Increase in influx from tourism and touristic activities
• Improper waste disposal and management • Lack of awareness amongst locals
Hence, a campaign to clean the trail with proper waste segregation and management drive is being held on the 11th and 12th June, 2016. This would include volunteers from cities who are passionate about traveling as well as respecting the destination, locals and local authorities.
Ecotourism is now defined as "responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment, sustains the well-being of the local people, and involves interpretation and education" (The International Ecotourism Society, 2015). Education is meant to be inclusive of both operators and travelers.
👤 Picture By 📷 hopelesswanderer_xx
Event organized by adventure_nation_outdoor_tribe and _Ecotraveler. For price and more details please login https://www.adventurenation.com or Ecotravelerindiagmail.com. Fb page- Adventure Nation.
Team Member Spotlight 🤩🤩🤩
This week we are featuring one of our superstar leaders: Jack! He is talented young man with a desire to grow and develop in his role. We thought we'd let him tell you about his experience being a part of our team:
Jack says his "roles and responsibilities at Chick-fil-A are making setups for the next day and managing the store in the evenings. I make sure that the store runs smoothly as possible.
The most rewarding part of what I do is getting to be role model for all the employees new and old and that our guests get served the quality food they deserve in a timely matter.
My best friends or family members s would said that my best character trait is hard working and responsible and dedicated.
My interests and passion outside of work are working on cars and trucks and learning how to weld. I love old trucks and cars and I love hanging out with my friends and family.
A fun fact about myself is I love the county and I want to love there one day. One of my talents is in surprisingly good at making toast. I also love to bake!" We are so thankful for Jack's hard work and dedication to the team!
. #TeamMemberSpotlight #CFABrea #ChickfilA